Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 7

Day 7: James Patrick
Age: 22
Major: Economics
Hometown: Houston
Connection to me: Printmaking

Me: Did you go to Texas A&M?
James: Yes.
Me: Which is better?
James: Actually HCC's professors are of higher caliber, I think its because of the smaller classes.
Me: Why did you switch to HCC?
James: I came home for rehab.
Me: Drugs?
James: Drugs and alcohol.
Me: Are you in rehab now?
James: I still participate but I'm done so I'll be back at A&M in the Spring and graduate in 2013.
Me: What drugs did you do?
James: Aderol
Me: Isnt that...
James: an ADD medication, yes.
Me: Do you have ADD?
James: Yes, it was prescribed to me but I abused it. I would take 30 mg a day and stay up for 3-4 days, then I'd sleep for 2 days because I was also prescribed ambient which is a sleep medication.
Me: How long were you addicted for?
James: I was prescribed in high school but it got really bad Freshman-Junior year, so 2 and a half years.
Me: Did you come back on your own?
James: Yeah, I didn't even know I had a problem until I totaled my 3rd car, then I came home.
Me: How did you your parents take it?
James: Now it's a lot better....I mean either I would die or go to rehab.
Me: Thank G-d you're here.
James: Right? I'm thankful to be alive and have a second chance and that I didn't mess things up beyond repair. 
Me: Is there any message you'd like to give to others who are in a similar situation?
James: Get help before it gets worse. If you know somethings bad, don't wait until its really bad.








No comments:

Post a Comment