Monday, July 4, 2011

Dalia and Menachem

This is my favorite shoot so far, and to be honest I was a little worried about how the pictures would come out because this is an Orthodox Jewish couple. Why would that make me nervous, you may ask? Well according to Judaism, men and women do not touch (unless its family) at all (that means no hugs, hand holding or even handshakes) until marriage, including your fiance. I know it sounds crazy, you cant even hold hands with the person you're about to marry and live with for the rest of your life!? I've gotten that crazy look when I myself was engaged and shared this tradition with my fellow non-Jewish classmates in college. The truth is, if you think about it, its really a beautiful thing and makes every touch in a marriage all the more sacred and magical. This shoot is proof of that. You can read more about this Jewish law here
With that I introduce to you to this vintage inspired photoshoot with the lovely couple, Dalia and Menachem. 








































2 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed that :) The pictures are great, and I loved the intro! Waiting for more...Actually, I'd like to be in the next post :) Think we can manage that?

    ReplyDelete